This past week has been a bit relaxed on the fitness front. I was working at a different time than I normally do, so getting up at 6:20am was making the days pretty long. I only made it to the gym two nights during the week, and I did an outdoor run with the BF yesterday along with some biking at the gym. I haven’t had too much energy, and because of this I know I didn’t give my 100% effort. But, tomorrow is a new week and I have a great week planned workout-wise 🙂
I saw this survey over at My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries and since its just seven days until Christmas (and I’m a HUGE Christmas fan) I couldn’t help but fill it out too. Enjoy!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?? I’m usually a hot chocolate person the rest of the year, but for the month of December it’s egg nog all the way! I buy the light version and mix half of my glass with skim milk to cut down on the sugar and calories.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrapped! Preferably in wrapping paper, not gift bags.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have white lights both on our tree and on the outside of the house. Sometimes coloured lights look nice outside but they have to be done “just right”.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes we do, so cute!
5. When do you hang your decorations up? On Nov. 12th I will put up most of our indoor decorartions. Then on Dec. 1st we put up the tree and turn on our outside lights.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmm, either mom’s Teriyaki Meatballs that we have on Christmas Eve or Sweet Potato Casserole. I can’t decide!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to my grandparents on Christmas Eve and going sledding. They lived on top of this huge hill, and we made a cool sled run with banked turns that started off of their deck. It was so much fun!
8. What is on your Christmas Wishlist? A Miami Dolphins Henley sweatshirt, Lululemon Groove Pants or Wunder Unders, and Aveda Energizing Body Cleanser,
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? My sister and I always open a present from our Aunt Diane. Everything else is saved for Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have white lights and then a collection of ornaments. My ornaments are all Grinch or sheep, and Daves are Miami Dolphins/football. Then we have a some other ornaments and some coloured shiny bobbles.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I’m a huge snow fan, especially for the Holidays. As soon as fall is done I want snow so that I can go snowboarding, and I like it for Christmas since its makes everything so much more pretty!
12. Real tree or fake tree? Real, no ifs, ands, or buts! I love the smell of it, and they look so much nicer.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It would have to be a stuffed sheep I got when I was 9. In more recent years it would be my Kitchenaid mixer 🙂
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? All of the traditions I have with my family, and the new ones that Dave and I have started together. Each tradition is special for a certain reason, and I will continue them all for as long as possible.
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? Shortbread cookies, and gingerbread cookies. So yummy!
16. What is your favorite tradition? Do I really have to pick just one?! My favourite would be the “Christmas Coal”. On Christmas Eve, my family and I each write in a notebook (that’s 20+ years old) who we nomiate to receive the coal this year. Then on Christmas morning we check it to see who got the coal in their stocking. It’s a playful thing, and it’s a good laugh.
17. What tops your tree? A Grinch haha.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Nowadays its giving, because it’s so fun to go out and pick out gifts for each person. But receiving is great too, especially when people don’t use my wishlist and think up creative gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas Time by Bryan Adams.
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum, although I don’t go out of my way to have one.
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch (Jim Carey version) obviously!
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk, and a carrot for Rudolph.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? We open our stocking when we get up. Then we have a Christmas morning brunch while we open up our gifts.
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I prefer the mall, since shipping charges are ridiculous in Canada. I really like seeing the mall decorated, and all hustle and bustle gets me in the Christmas spirit!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? I like receiving the cards, but this seems like a dying trend?
I’d love to hear some of your answers in the comments!