Today is a rest day for me. I was planning on going to bootcamp but I am pretty sore from Mondays class, so I’ll rest up today and be ready to go tomorrow 🙂
I thought I’d share with you a spin class that I taught last night at my gym. It was a 45min class, and I thought it was a great mix of jumps, hills, and sprints! There wasn’t a whole lot of rest, although you could cut a couple drills shorter to incorporate some active rest. Enjoy!!
*This is a very “pop”-y list, as I find it’s more fun to teach to songs I already know.
- Teenage Dream Remix by Katy Perry : Warm-up
- Talk that Talk (clean version) by Rhianna : Seated flats with lift out of the saddle on chorus
- Calabria 2008 by Enur : 45sec single leg isolations, 60% gear, should have time to do both legs twice
- Gel by Collective Soul : sprints on the chorus (15s, 20s, 25s)
- Show Me How You Burlesque by Christina Aguilera : standing flats with 4 count jumps on the chorus
- If I Never See Your Face Again by Maroon 5/Rhianna : seated climb with increase in tension every 30s
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet : tempo work, 40% gear
- Reel Around the Sun from Riverdance : start at 50% tension, increase tension by 10% each minute
- When I Grow Up by Pussycat Dolls : sprints on the chorus
- Give Me Everything by Pitbull : 30s each at position 1, postion 3, hover, standing jog, hover, position 3, position 1
- Shake Senora by Pitbull : 20s standing climb, 20s hips back and attack, 20s seated sprint, 20s rest, repeat 3x
- Iris by GooGoo Dolls : cool-down and stretch
Do you Spin? What’s your favourite song and drill? This was my first class that I used Shake Senora by Pitbull and it was the ultimate song to finish the work with. It’s so energizing! And that 20/20/20 drill will leave your breathless, and drenched 🙂